Saturday, February 21, 2009

No thanks, Im trying to quit

Once was one time too many
the tears fall silently from my face
dripping into the remains of my heart.
You said it was an addiction,
you said it would stop,
your words rang hollow in my ears.

I move quietly throught the darkened house,
wishing I wasnt here,
begging for a silent dream to come true.
Death and mayhem are all ive known,
you've killed me inside
ripping my heart out with your ringed finger

your betrayal cant be undone
your lies cant be untold
your eyes cant unsee
what youve shared with me
Your heart is an open sore
Your hands burn though my shirt
betrayal
its all ive even known.

I scream and the room spins
I run but I cant get far enough
I try to hurt you as youve hurt me.
nothing ive done
nothing ive said
will ever be enough for you

sadness rips the window open
the blinds gone, i see the day
my time has come to leave
In my wake i hope you see
that what youve done to me
cant be fixed
wont be fixed
betrayal is not forgiven

No comments: