Saturday, February 21, 2009

The girl in the window

The same time everyday
I pass by her house and
there she stands, the girl
in the window.

She wears aqua blue
everyday, A knee length skirt,
flowing softly just below her knees,
a soft blouse made of silk flowing
around her.

She is there everyday
watching the world pass her by
she never smiles, or cries,
but looks in the distance
at something I cant see.

One day shes not there
i stop even though ill be late for work
I walk up the rotted yard,
full of weeds overtaking the rose bush

Shes not there, I panic,
for so many years she was there
she greeted me on my to work
she was like my beacon in a storm

But today she wasn't there.
As i near her house, i see the blackened
carpet and the dusty shelves, the empty rooms.
As i get closer the girl appears,
that vacant look in her eyes, screaming

I realize as my nose touches the glass
that the girl looking out to the world is me,
She was staring back at the world.

No comments: